Perfect Time of Day
Sunday Morning Song
Numbness for Sound
Don't Dream It's Over
End of Our Days
Hey Jude (partial)
Collide (w/Missy Higgins)
You & A Promise
A few highlights:
* Jaime and Laurie walking by us while we were outside in line.
* Seeing Howie before the show in the balcony talking to someone.
* Seeing Matt Nathanson outside Howie's dressing room.
* Howie telling the fanthings to chill out because "You I'm going to fucking play Collide. When you have one hit song, you have to play it."
* "Swing into flight, over San Francisco at the Fillmore..."
* Howie singing about lobsters during She Says. (We vaguely remember it as "Why it's so funny that I've got a lobster..."
* "I eat Cap'n Lobster Crunch for breakfast. At lunch I have a lobster roll, obviously. With lots of butter. And for dinner, I have lobster again. With the bib with the picture of a lobster on it so you want to eat more."
* Howie going into Hey Jude for half a verse, then the crowd continuing the song until he decided to play it (best sing-along ever).
* "This is a cool crowd. That's because San Francisco is kind of an artisty place. I could live here...I'm just afraid of the shaking (starts shaking and wobbling around). I'm from Maine. We just freeze to death. I wish there would be an earthquake during a really intense part of the show. (crowd barely responds, then begins booing) Not a big one! I don't want the chandeliers to fall or anything bad to happen. (crowd continues heckling Howie) (to Jay) I guess that isn't something you should joke about here. (maniacal laughter)"
* "I have an alcoholic beverage here."
* "I remember my first beer."
* "They're all drinking water. I'm drinking vodka..."
* Howie climbing onto the amp at least three times.
* Howie jumping off the amp like a total rockstar.
* Howie kicking beer and water all over the fanthings. Accidentally.
* Longest version of Don't Dream It's Over.
* Tim interrupting Howie's ramble to start End of Our Days. "Tim says, 'Shut up, Howie!'"
* Howie being so distracted that he kept having to run to the mic or fumble around to get his capo on in time.
* Howie making the capo talk to us.
* Matt Nathanson in the balcony watching the show.
* Vance coming out to plug in Howie's guitar at the encore. "Give it up for Vance McNabb. (Vance flails and runs away) I can't even be trusted to plug in my own guitar."
* Rowdy insane You & A Promise.
* A guy screaming AFRICAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! when they came out for the encore and Howie actually playing it.
* Howie trying to tune his guitar before Collide because "It has to sound good because this girl in front has been fucking requesting this song all night long."
I can't think of anything else right now. It was so madly, madly insane. Incredible show.
Sorry for the quality. I took them with my phone.
The Fillmore designs a sign for every show they have and this is Howie's. Hence all the lobster talk.